- AC-DC Power Conversion
- Battery Management
- DC-DC Controllers
DC-DC Converters & Voltage Regulators
- Linear Regulators LDO
- Buck Regulators
- Boost Regulators
- Step Up (Boost) - Synchronous Products
- Step Up (Boost) - Low IQ Products
- Step Up (Boost) - Non-Synchronous
- Complete Step Down Regulators
- Step Down upto 6V
- Step Down up to 36V
- Step Down upto 75V
- Multi-Output Regulators
- Inductorless Offline Switching Regulators
- Multi Channel (PMIC)
- Charge Pumps
- DDR Termination Regulator
- Design Support
- Hot Swap Controllers
- Motor Drivers
- PMIC - Power Management ICs
- Power Check Design Service
- Power Modules
- Power Switches
- Silicon Carbide (SiC) Devices and Power Modules
- Transient Voltage Suppressors
- Voltage Supervisor and References
AC-DC Power Conversion
As microcontroller (MCU)-based systems are becoming increasingly more interconnected in homes, offices, smart cities, hospitals, automobiles and other applications, they require access to the AC power that is predominant in our power distribution infrastructure. Our portfolio of AC-DC controllers offers access to and better control of power management from AC sources to help simplify your system design.
AC-DC Auxiliary Controllers
Intended for use in secondary MCU-based systems, these ICs can be coupled with an MCU or a Digitally Enhanced Power Analog (DEPA) controller to enable an offline power conversion function without requiring a dedicated primary side supply.
How Can Our Auxiliary Controllers Solve Your Design Challenges?
- Enable AC power without a dedicated primary supply
- Enable control of primary power with tight coupling to a secondary MCU
- Simplify AC power access with tighter functional integration using the Simplified Feedback Implementation
Inductor-less Offline Controllers
These controllers are designed for applications like battery chargers, proximity switches, television stand-by supplies and internal supplies for Switched-Mode Power Supplies (SMPSs) that call for a non-isolated, low-current DC power supply operating directly from the AC line. These types of systems do not require safety isolation because the internal electronics are not accessible by the end user.
How Can Our Inductor-less Offline Controllers Solve Your Design Challenges?
- Enable small, non-isolated offline power supply design with no magnetics
- Ideal for single voltage range input with small load current (< 1W)
- Can power MCU directly from AC line without transformer stepdown
Switch-Mode PWM Controllers
2020年欧洲杯预测A unique input circuit allows these devices to self-start directly from a high-voltage input and take the power to operate from one of the outputs of the converter it is controlling. This enables very efficient operation while maintaining input-to-output galvanic isolation that is only limited in voltage by the insulation system of the associated magnetic assembly.
Offline Linear Regulators
This high-voltage, low-output current, adjustable linear regulator has a wide operating input voltage range of 13.2–450V. The output voltage can be adjusted from 1.20–440V provided that the input voltage is at least 12V greater than the output voltage.
High Side Current Monitors
High side current monitor ICs transfer a high side current measurement voltage to its ground-referenced output with an accurate voltage gain of one. The measurement voltage typically originates at a current sense resistor which is located in a “high side” circuit, such as the positive supply line.
Primary-Side Auxiliary Controller
The MCP1012 enables the system start up, gating and protection of an offline flyback converter for a secondary MCU. Its tight integration with the MCU simplifies the implementation of the power function using fewer devices and at a reduced cost. Other system benefits include direct measurement and accurate regulation of voltage and/or current, higher loop bandwidth by direct loop closure and easier system communication for load-referenced systems. This high-voltage, self-powered device also offers protection features, a MOSFET driver and low-power sleep mode.
- Direct operation off rectified AC power with transition to primary bias winding as secondary MCU assumes control
- Gate driver for the primary-side FET
- Internal current regulator sets biases during startup
- When combined with secondary MCU, eliminates independent primary-side auxiliary supply
- Overvoltage/undervoltage protection, overcurrent protection and Over Temperature Protection
- Sleep mode option (controlled by MCU) for reduced standby power
Power Check Design Service
- Accelerate and optimize hardware designs by obtaining insightful guidance and implementing best practices
- Get recommendations from our applications experts on your hardware designs that use Microchip power management devices
- Seamlessly upload your design files and track progress
MPLAB® Mindi™ Analog Simulator
- Fast and accurate analog circuit simulations to help accelerate your hardware designs
- Choose from SPICE or piecewise linear SIMPLIS models, for accurate results in fast simulations
- Downloadable simulation tool runs locally on your own PC without requiring an Internet connection